So Spring 2013 market is finally over at the Karen Kane showroom. No more back-to-back appointments, sample rack scavenging, or belated blog posts. All-in-all we believe the market show was a huge success!
Buyer’s from all over the country came in to see the Spring 2013 line and many raved about Karen’s congruence with trend. Our colored lace bodies, which flowed from month-to-month received much applause, as did our multitude of spring dresses (including a new LBD package that every girl must have in her closet). Our dabble in peplum gained popularity as did our printed pants, various motorcycle jackets, and new wrinkle-resistant travel fabrication.
Some best sellers to be on the lookout for next Spring:
February’s Indigo Bay:
1. Small Stripe Motorcycle Jacket, $222
2. Rolled Sleeve Pocket Shirt, $98
3. Kaleidoscope Print 3/4 Sleeve Dress, $119
4. Tie Front Pocket Shirt, $98
5. Ikat Border Printed Pull On Pant, $99
March’s Coral Reef:
1. Whimsical Print Tie Shirt, $88
2. Mirror Print Exposed Zipper Dress, $128
3. Ombre Cowl Neck Top, $79
4. Snake Print Cascade Wrap Dress, $158
5. Coral Crochet Tank Dress, $119
April’s Electric Tide:
1. Linen Motorcycle Jacket, $188
2. Aztec Burst Maxi Dress, $158
3. Exposed Zipper Lace Tank, $108
4. Reflection Print Sleeveless Dress, $128
5. Paisley Keyhole Scarf Top, $88
We finished off market “week” (I use parenthesis because it really spans the course of three), with a cocktail party for one of Karen Kane’s nationwide accounts, Macy’s. The party, planned by our very own Assistant Account Executive, Sydney, was huge success! Our own retail merchandising Director, Shawn, came up with the fabulous idea; and her delightful husband, Michael, offered up his professional bartending skills for the event. He even developed two specialty cocktails, the Macy’s Margarita and the Cucumber Gimlet, for which we’ve provided recipes below:
- 1 shot Patron Silver tequila
- 1 shot St. Germain
- 1/4 grapefruit, juice squeezed fresh
- Ice (fill to top of glass)
- Sour Mix
- Drop Agave syrup
- Salt (for rim)
Mix all drink ingredients in shaker w/ice. Pour over fresh ice in salted margarita glass. Garnish w/fresh slice of grapefruit.
- 2 shots Bombay Sapphire gin
- 1/4 cup muddled cucumber
- 1 lime, fresh squeezed
- 1/4 cup simple syrup (equal parts sugar and water)
- Ice (fill to top of glass)
Mix all drink ingredients in shaker w/ice. Pour over fresh ice in tall Collins glass. Garnish w/fresh slice of cucumber.
The hors devours spread at the cocktail party. Yum!
The Karen Kane New York Showroom
Now that the fun has ended, it’s back to our regular weekly schedules here at Karen Kane. They are nothing short of exciting though, I must assure you. Don’t worry though, we are now back to our regular blog posting schedule of Monday – Friday.
Hope you stay tuned!
The Karen Kane team during market.